Orange Geranium dress
23 mars, 2014 § Lämna en kommentar
I finally got around to making the Geranium dress. I’ve been seeing so many amazing versions online, so even though I’m not a huge fan of dresses I had to try it out. I don’t like doing muslins so I used a fabric I don’t love since it was the first time I tried the pattern. I thought it was going to be a really easy project, but I actually struggled a bit with the construction. Hopefully I’ll do better next time.
The notch is a bit bunchy, probably due to not enough clipping, the gathering of the skirt is a bit uneven and the lining is a little wonky looking on the inside. I thought it was a bit fiddly to attach the skirt and the lining, I wish there was a trick to it. Now I messed around with a bunch of pins turning the fabric back and forth, and ended up with a very wobbly seam on the inside.
Oh well. It looks very cute on anyways. I love the cap sleeves. And the 6-12 month size was perfect on my 7 month old.
I did french seams on the inside of the skirt. It was also the first time I made buttonholes on my machine. It took a few tries and quite a bit of unpicking, but they turned out nice in the end. Even though I had some issues I’m really excited to make another one =)